Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fooled me.

The first day of April has all but come and gone.  Aside from a few tricks from CC about spiders in my hair the only fooling I got today was from weather.  What a weird day!  I drove up to work in a snow storm and came home 2 hours later in bright and sunny skies.  At one point the sun was blazing and flakes were coming down.  The day ended very nice so all ended well.  

I recall once while living in Florida I got a phone call at 2 a.m..  I was asleep and out of it when I picked up the phone.  I was greeted with, "Will you take a collect call from....?"  I don't rememeber what I said, but then Mom said, "April Fools!"  I was confused and lost.  She informed me she wanted to be the first to get me on April fools.  I assured her she was definintely the only one and we talked briefly before I hung up and went back to bed.  One thing about her you never knew what you were going to get.  I think about her quite a bit.  Every April fools day since I remember that call and laugh at the craziness.  

3 comments:

  1. Ya she had a lot of craziness lol. I remember the random calls at all hours asking for the time. Or asking for Bret, Cory, anyone but me, the one she called. I used to love to joke around with her and give her a hard time. She had a great sense of humor. I think about her a lot. The last few weeks she has visited me in my dreams. Usually just giving me motherly advice, such as- I understand you have a gun and its part of your job, but Andrew, you really shouldn't shoot anyone unless its absolutely necessary. I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody seems to see her in their dreams, except me. We've had no visitations, no dreams, nothing. Oh, I did have this dream that she came and left her husband here... wait a minute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a chuckle out of that Mike. Pretty funny.
    Buckwheat- now your going to think of her every time you think to use it.

    ReplyDelete