Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh Blessed Day.

This past Sunday we blessed our new little one Alyson Ann Lange. She did her part perfect and just laid there quiet and content. Her little blue eyes just stared upward at the strange site of half a dozen men's faces surrounding her. If you think about it thats got to be a little awkward for the baby.

We were very fortunate to have a good showing of family there to support us and it has made me reflect some the past few days on my own family. I am not the best by any means of showing my love or gratitude toward them. At times I am the worst critic of my own family which I find very sad. We all have our short comings but nothing should divide the family.

I was very proud of my brother Jason for coming and supporting me and my small family. It really meant a lot to me. Believe it or not he made it through an entire sacrament meeting and didn't die from it. I expect this to happen more now bro.

I was saddened briefly as I thought of my family and all my brothers. For a family with a lot of men I was unable to have a single priesthood holder from my family stand in the circle with me. Now there are very valid reasons like living in another state is a good one I guess. And illness kept my dad and another brother away. So in no way am I looking down upon anyone, I just wanted to express my feelings of sadness about not having my brothers with me physically, as I know you were all there in one way or another.



In my life I have always admired and loved my brothers both older and younger. I have idolized my older brothers as a young boy and been very hard on my younger brothers because I expect great things from them. With all of our family events I don't recall all of us standing together in a priesthood circle or blessing. We came close when, with dad, we were able to give mom a blessing in the hospital. We had all but one brother then, and it is a memory I will always keep and cherish. I find great joy when I talk to any of my brothers. I love to see us together and I find strength in each one of them. I have been fortunate in my life to have the brothers that I do. It makes me deeply sad to hear one say he is removing himself from the family for any reason, Jason. I want all my brothers to know that I still idolize each one of them in their own way and admire the strength and light each one has to offer.

3 comments:

  1. Brother,
    We sure missed you on Sunday, there was a little baby girl blessed in our sacrament meeting and all we could do was think of you and your family and little Aly. It's looking more and more like we may not even make it out at all this summer as we come to realize just how expensive it will be with both William and Thomas in college next year. Perhaps William will just have to fly and do the visiting for us :( We sure miss everyone!

    Hopefully you got our voicemail message on Sunday - tell Liz Happy Birthday for us!! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great post. I appreciate and love my family also. I am proud of the priesthood holders and the blessings they bring to our family. Thanks for being you! (I loved the part in your blog about your sisters;) lv ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sisters?

    Thanks Mike and Jill. I love all of you.

    ReplyDelete